We are looking for a System Administrator with experience to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Proven experience with middleware like Tomcat, JBoss, WAS or similar
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl, Java or other language
- Experience in Monitoring or automation products (e.g. CA Technologies APM, Automic) is a huge plus
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- The will to travel worldwide (max 3 days/week) is a plus